“If it Is not possible to be happy everyday, it is possible to be grateful everyday.” - Danny Acosta
From a working class background, Danny Acosta grew up in an eight-block radius in the San Francisco Bay Area's Mission district. He was the first in his family to complete a four-university run, including a semester at Oxford, and while still editing his college newspaper, The Collegian, at 20-years-old, he was published on ESPN.com
Now a decade-plus veteran writer and producer, Acosta has upcoming projects across the media spectrum including his first two feature film scripts.
Occasionally on the stand-up comedy stage, he features funnier people at live events.
- Writing: MAXIM, Vice Sports, USA Today Sports, FOX Sports, San Jose Mercury News, San Francisco Examiner and more.
- Radio host and contributor to SiriusXM (2010-2018), including developing and hosting live pre-fight specials.
- Writer-researcher on FOX Sports television broadcasts in live weekly shows and live sport event formats (2013-2015).
- BleacherReport.com consulting producer for "The Ultimate Show" web series (2011).
- Produced viral videos, docs and interviews for six million YouTube views in nine months between 2009 and 2010 as featured on AOL, including on-camera interview work.
- Published in topics ranging from prizefighting to hip-hop, film to comedy, pro wrestling to culture and politics.
- Guest analyst on Comcast Sports Bay Area's "Chronicle Live"; "Once I Was a Champion" documentary (2011)
IN SUPPORT OF: